- Direct-Bill Programs charge students directly for their program costs. Students pay the affiliate program directly for their fees, whereas other UConn fees will appear on students’ UConn fee bills as listed below. Be sure to review the program’s full costs on the provider’s own website. UConn is not responsible for those costs.
- Fee-Based Programs charge Program Fees, not UConn tuition. Program Fees will appear on students’ UConn fee bills, along with other UConn fees as listed below.
- Tuition-Based Programs charge in-state UConn tuition rates for in-state students and New England UConn tuition rates for all out-of-state students. Tuition charges will appear on students’ UConn fee bills, along with other UConn fees as listed below.
In addition, for all programs, UConn may bill students the following UConn fees to their StudentAdmin fee bills before the start of their program’s term to ensure they remain enrolled at UConn while abroad:
- Education Abroad Fee ($475)
- Technology Fee (varies)
- Continuous Enrollment Fee (varies)
- Infrastructure Fee (varies)
UConn cannot waive these charges, nor are you able to dispute them, as they are mandated by UConn’s Board of Trustees. You may confirm the amount of these fees, and whether they apply to your program, on the budget sheet for your specific program. You may find the budget sheet on your program’s online brochure in our database.
Finally, Education Abroad will charge you an Application Fee of $25, payable through the online application.