Registration for Experiential Global Learning Courses
Upon commitment to your program, Experiential Global Learning and the Registrar will enroll you in a credit placeholder in StudentAdmin. This process is what keeps you enrolled at UConn while you are abroad. This placeholder is twelve credits for semester programs, and varies between one and nine credits for winter and summer programs. When you return from abroad, and Experiential Global Learning receives your grades from your program, the placeholder will be removed from your account and the actual courses you took will be posted to your transcript.
Students typically do not register for Experiential Global Learning courses in the Student Admin system. Each program has a different process for registering for courses:
- Exchange, Affiliated, and Third-Party Programs may require students select courses before they leave to go abroad or upon their arrival in their host country.
- UConn Programs may have set courses that the student will be enrolled in, or will provide students with an opportunity to indicate the courses they wish to take while abroad.
Registration for UConn Courses upon Return
Before you leave (for students going for a semester or academic year):
- Let your academic advisor know you are going abroad and talk with them about your plans for registration for the semester you are returning to campus.
How to Avoid Registration Headaches
- Once you get to your host program/country, make sure that you can log into the StudentAdmin system (https://student.studentadmin.uconn.edu/).
- Log into the StudentAdmin system to check your registration appointment for your returning semester and to see if there are any holds on your record that would block your registration. If you have a hold for mandatory advising, contact your advisor via email about your plans for the returning semester’s registration.
- Whether you are in Storrs or abroad, it’s a good idea to plan your registration in advance. You can do that using the “Class Search” feature within StudentAdmin or using the Schedule of Classes link from the StudentAdmin login page.
- Remember that all of the times (registration appointment times, for example) shown in StudentAdmin are in local time in Storrs, Connecticut. If you are traveling somewhere where you may not have internet access, the Registrar can assist with registration. You must contact the Registrar with a detailed list of courses including sections.
- The StudentAdmin system is down for backup and routine maintenance Monday through Friday mornings from 5:30 – 7:30 AM local time in Storrs.
- Be sure to regularly check your UConn email while you are away. You’ll be getting information from the Registrar’s Office, Student Financial Aid, the Bursar, and Residential Life.
- If you have problems with registration, you can email the Registrar’s Office for assistance at firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include your Name and PeopleSoft ID in the message. If you’re not using your assigned UConn email account to contact us, please also include your birthdate and Social Security Number.