Academic Questions

Students of any major can study abroad. Whether you’re in ACES, Psychology, Engineering, or Education, you can find a program that will help you reach your academic and personal goals.

No – you may take courses that count toward graduation (electives), towards a minor, or towards General Education requirements.

You earn credits and grades just as if you were on campus once a study abroad course is accredited (assigned a UConn course number). Check the Academics page for more information.

The general GPA requirement is at least a 2.5 cumulative GPA. Note that some programs have higher requirements, which can be as high as 3.0 or 3.25. Check the program brochure for specific application requirements.

In some programs, you will be taking classes led by UConn faculty with other UConn students. In others, you may be in a class with all local students, learning in a foreign language. Many of the classes, especially those taught by foreign instructors, may be structured very differently from what you’re used to. Remember that this is a great learning experience!