You have been nominated by your home university to participate as an exchange student at the University of Connecticut. Bellow you will find application instructions as well as a list of the required documents. The application deadline is October 1st and all documents will need to be on your application by this date.
To create an application, please make sure to complete the following steps:
- Go to Incoming Exchange Program Description
- Click “Apply Now” on the right side.
- Click “Incoming”
- Where you are told “Please indicate how you will be logging in:” click the bottom button, “I do not have login credentials to this site”, then click “submit”
- Fill out the various “New User Form” fields with pertinent information. Please fill out the application using your name as it is issued on your passport.
- After checking your home institution in the “Partner Institution” list, and clicking “Create Account”, a message will be sent to the email account you provided. This message should contain your login and password information.
After you have been assigned a username and have confirmed your password, you will be given your own personal online application page. At that point, you will be prompted to enter your home addresses and emergency contact information. Once your information has been saved, you will be brought to your online application where you will be asked to complete the incoming exchange application.
All supporting materials MUST be submitted electronically by October 1st, 2019.
Items to complete and submit electronically on the “Application” webpage:
- Application Questionnaire: Biographic information about yourself and your academics.
- Personal Statement: Minimum 500 words statement explaining how you anticipate your exchange program at UConn to impact your personal and educational goals. Please discuss how the program fits into your overall academic plan.
- Proof of English Proficiency: Upload a copy of your official TOEFL or IELTS score report. UConn requires a score of at least 79 on IBT TOEFL (minimum of 19 in each subsection) and 6.5 IELTS (Minimum of 6.5 in each subsection). If your native language is English or all the courses that you have taken at you home institution were in English, you will not need to upload proof of English proficiency.
- Copy of your passport: Upload a copy of the ID page of your passport. Note: Your passport must be valid for the length of the program.
- Course Preference Form: Complete and submit an online course preference form. You will need to provide 10 UConn courses that you would like to be enrolled. You should order your preference from highest to lowest priority. In addition, for courses with pre-requirement, you will be required to show proof that completed the pre-requirement.
- Official Transcript: Upload a copy of your academic transcript as a PDF form. Your official transcript must include a stamp, seal or signature from the records office at your home institution (e.g. Registrar’s Office).