UConn Education Abroad Fall 2017 Photo Contest
All students who studied abroad through UConn during Spring or Summer 2017 are eligible to enter the UConn Education Abroad Fall 2017 Photo Contest. Five finalists in each of the four submission categories will be selected by the Education Abroad Office and the winners of each category will be determined by a public vote. Voting on the finalists will take place at the Education Abroad Fair from on 9/15/17. Winners will be announced after 9/16/16. The deadline to enter is 9/6/17. Late submissions cannot be accepted.
- Portrait (people, animals)
- Landscape (horizons, architecture, natural beauty, landscapes)
- Cultural Immersion (defining moments, interaction with host culture) – photos should show UConn students “in action” in their host countries and should somehow represent the ideals of study abroad (academic learning, culture learning, international awareness, sensitivity, and fun).
- Husky Pride – Image showing UConn in some way (clothing, sign, ‘UConn’ drawn into snow/sand).
- Technical merit (clarity, focus, lighting, etc.)
- Representation of the study abroad experience
- Sensitivity toward the host culture
- Creativity and uniqueness
The first place photo from each category will receive a $25 Amazon gift card. Winners will be announced during the week following the Education Abroad Fair.